Sunday, November 7, 2010

New Rosary

When I make a new rosary, it can take me forever just to figure out the colours, beads and pattern I want  to follow. I have a ridiculous system of tackle boxes and bead containers that I pile up in a corner in my tiny living room, out of reach of baby's curious hands. Pulling all my supplies out and mulling over the countless combinations I can work with is really time consuming.

And of course, sometimes I'll start a rosary, get halfway through it and then realize that I don't like it at all. This really, really irritates me so after pulling it all apart I usually have to sit and stew about it for a bit before I can approach it again.

Because there is no way that I can work on my stuff when the baby is up, I wait until after she's gone to bed so that I can work uninterupted and not have to worry about pulling tiny eyepins, beads and other sharp, stabby bits out of her mouth.

All told, each piece can take me days to complete, but I really do enjoy every minute of it- even when I end up redoing them.

I really do wonder how moms manage to work on their art with little kids running around. I mean, I've only got one so far and I find it really challenging some days. Maybe it'll be different when Sally's a bit more independent. Also, our house is really, really little (750 sq feet) so it really does feel pretty squishy in here. But this system works pretty well for now, even if it means that I have some late nights. After all, it's an awesome excuse to park myself in my chair in front of the television and watch lame shows while putting my rosaries together!

Here's a new piece I just listed tonight on Etsy. I really like the colour scheme I used- it feels very stately and elegant to me.

I'm feeling very accomplished for getting so much work done this evening and I'm now going to reward myself by rooting through the discount Halloween candy I bought on the clearance racks.

Goodnight!

A



No comments:

Post a Comment